· Most of the Personal Information that we collect is collected in conjunction with our business at Yoonet.com.au where we help Australian small businesses grow through promotion on the Internet, much of the time in the local search space (Services).
2. The kinds of Personal Information that we collect and hold
For the purpose of conducting our business and providing the Services, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information about an individual's:
· (Identity Information) name, location, website address, date of birth, nationality, employment details and third-party usernames;
· (Contact Information) email address, social media profiles, telephone & fax number, third-party usernames, residential, business and postal addresses;
· (Behaviour Information) habits, movements, trends, decisions, webpage views, online activity, associations, memberships, finances, purchases;
· (Internet Data) Internet Protocol or "IP address", referring web site addresses, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and other data typically collected by analytics services like Google Analytics; and
· (Business Information) business or project, if it is run in his or her personal capacity, including information on professional affiliations or services offered.
3. How we collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about individuals when an individual:
· (Registrations / Subscriptions) registers or subscribes for a service, list, account, membership, connection or other process whereby that individual enters his or her details to receive or access something, including a transaction;
· (Contact) contacts us via any medium, including telephone, fax or email;
· (Services) accesses and uses the Services.
We collect Personal Information about individuals from other entities when:
· (Referrals) a third party refers us business; and
· (Research) we conduct research on potential clients, and the individuals associated with those potential clients.
4. How we hold Personal Information
We hold and store Personal Information using:
· (Storage Services) third party data storage services, which are businesses that professionally manage information technology infrastructure;
· (Software Services) third party application providers, where we use an application for the purposes of our business and store data in association with that application on infrastructure provided by those third party application providers;
· (Business Devices) devices operated by employees of our business; and
· (Paper Files) printed paper files.
We secure Personal Information that we collect by:
· (Credentials) using authentication credentials for each portion of the data storage infrastructure that we control in accordance with best practice;
· (Passwords) using specialized software to generate passwords that are less vulnerable to “brute force” attacks;
· (Encryption) using specialized encryption software to store the passwords that we generate; and
· (Reputable Vendors) ensuring that the third party providers holding data and information on our behalf are reputable vendors taking reasonable steps to secure the information.
5. The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information
We collect Personal information about individuals for the purpose of providing the Services.
We collect, hold and use Personal Information so that we can:
· (Identify) identify individuals for the purpose of providing the Services;
· (Communicate) communicate with individuals for the purpose of providing the Services, including communications about our goods and services; marketing and promotions; and competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
· (Provide Services) provide the Services to individuals, since the Services often involve dealing in Personal Information; and
· (Transact) transact with individuals for the purpose of providing the Services.
We disclose Personal Information so that we can provide the Services to our clients. The Services, including the citation process detailed at http://yoonet.com.au/citation-service, require that some disclosures of Personal Information be made.
We also disclose Personal Information to companies that we work with to provide us with administration and data processing services. Such disclosures and processing make our Services more affordable.
6. How an individual may access and correct Personal Information
Individuals have a right to:
· request access to the Personal Information that we hold about them; and
· correct Personal Information that we hold about them.
If an individual wishes to access the Personal Information that we are holding about them, or correct Personal Information that we are holding about them, they can contact us using the following details:
||+61 07 4638 4646
||7/124 Margaret Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350
7. How an individual may complain about an APP breach, and how it will be handled
· When an individual notifies us of a complaint about our handling of his or her Personal Information, we will deal with the complaint by responding to it in writing within 14 days.
· We will endeavor to work with the individual complaining to resolve the complaint entirely within 30 days, although that period may be longer if it is reasonable.
· If an individual is unsatisfied with our response, the individual may make refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
8. Disclosure of Personal Information to overseas recipients
· It is likely that we will disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients.
· The Personal Information that we collect may be stored, processed and accessed in the Philippines, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
· By providing us with Personal Information, individuals consent to the transfer of Personal Information outside Australia.
· We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that has been transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the APPs.